“The purpose of Starkville Christian School is to assist parents fulfill their responsibility to raise their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.”
The role of the school is that of a delegated authority, extending parental instruction through small group instruction and training in spiritual, academic, social and physical disciplines. For this reason, open and continuous communication between parents and the school staff is of utmost priority.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Starkville Christian School affirms:
- that all things have been created so the Triune God may be glorified in and through them.
- that God by His wise covenant arrangement has appointed parents to be responsible for training their children to know and love God, for His glory and their blessing.
- that this training shall be continued under the parents’ responsible supervision in a school which extends the biblical God-honoring, Christ-centered programs begun at home.
- that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are inerrant, man’s only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- that man was created by the direct act of God and in God’s own image.
- that Adam and Eve, in yielding to Satan’s temptation, fell and in their fall, all mankind came under God’s wrath and curse.
- that all men are born in sin.
- that salvation and eternal life is only through Jesus’ substitutionary atonement for sin by the shedding of His blood in death upon Calvary’s Cross.
- that God created unique roles for men and women. Biblical marriage is limited to a covenant relationship between a man and a woman.
During Fall and Winter ’95/96, the Lord put the need for fully Christian education upon the hearts of several Starkville area parents. Initially, it appeared that home-schooling was the preferred method since God assigns responsibility for children’s primary caregiving to parents. But parents are not to be God’s only caregivers. The Holy Spirit gifts others who share the parents’ worldview, are skilled in developing children’s character, teach them language skills and math, and develop exploring and inquiring minds. Parents should seek out these gifted and skilled communicators to assist in the nurture and training of the parents’ children. The extent of the government in children’s lives should be minimal. But how could parents obtain these resources? After much prayer and seeking God’s guidance, and in response to God’s clear call to Randall S. “Randy” Witbeck and his wife Lynn, it was concluded God was indeed leading them to establish a thoroughly biblical Christian school. Accordingly, Randy and Lynn, and her pastor father Robert G. “Bob” Sweet incorporated Starkville Christian School as a not-for-profit Mississippi corporation.
The first school year commenced in August 1996 with nine boys in grades 1-6 and a two-teacher faculty in facilities provided rent-free by the Wesley Community Church of the Nazarene. In January 1997, a K-4/5 class was added. The 1996/97 school year ended with an enrollment of seventeen and three teachers. In August 1998, the School dedicated its new 10,000 sq. ft. building at 303 Lynn Lane. In November 2004, a second building that includes a gym, cafeteria, and additional classrooms was added. In May 2016, an additional five acres were purchased for future growth. God’s very visible provision of the School’s facilities, equipment and furnishing is most impressive. Less visible, but far more impressive is His provision of godly and well-qualified teachers, a Principal and Business Manager, Board members, and parents who in response to their sense of God’s guidance, entrust their precious children to our care. Surely, Starkville Christian School’s future will bring God even greater glory than its glorious past.
MEET THE FACULTY AND STAFF
2018 – 2019
1ST GRADE ASST.
3RD GRADE ASST.
Sarah Grace Bisson